twitterpinterest

Monday, June 9, 2008


The weekend of June 6 th I whisked my husband off for some long needed and deserved RR for his birthday . I planned a surprised trip to the romantic Candellite Inn Bed & Breakfast in Ludington, Michigan . We enjoyed breakfast in bed , long walks on the beach, fishing and shopping .

The residents of Ludington were wonderful and made your feel as if you were at home we enjoyed lunch at a really nice BBQ restaurant Bones & Butts if you plan on visiting make sure you try the tacos another bit of information they fly south for the winter so if your in the mood for some good BBQ you might want to plan your trip for the spring or summer of plan to fly to Florida!!


This was our first and definitely not the last trip to Candle Light Inn the inn keepers Melanie and Tony Barnard were the absolute best anything you wished the made it happen ,chocolate covered strawberries,champagne, Dove chocolates on your king sized fluffed pillows and the food was absolutely gourmet chef Jacob was the best my husband and I have visited many restaurants from New Orleans to St. Louis but I must admit the dinner prepared by Chef Jacob was amazing with the help of Melanie I planned a romantic candlelight dinner in the formal dining room for Joseph' s birthday we dined on Caesar salad with fresh baked croutons, crabcakes, baked potatoes larger than a dinner plate, steaks smothered with mushrooms and onion never had I had a steak this tender and moist , shrimp scampi with jumbo shrimp and fresh crab meat on a bed of angel haired pasta followed by chocolate creme brulee and awaiting us when we returned to our suite chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle ofchilled champagne.



I always wanted to visit and climb a light house and I got the opportunity to do both in we climbed to the top of the North Breakwater Lighthouse the view of Lake Michigan is absolutely beautiful ................

No comments: