twitterpinterest

Friday, May 27, 2011

Fabulous Friday: Vendor Spotlight: Pretty Pear Bride

When I decided to do another vendor feature I knew  it would be someone whom I know  is truly working hard by educating and helping others. In the world of wedding professionals you have the opportunity to meet a ton of wonderful people from all over the country and the world and I have truly been blessed to meet some truly amazing people one person in particular  Mrs. Shafonne Myers owner of Making Your Event Special and recently launched Pretty Pear Bride is one of those people  the more I spoke with Shafonne and got to know her the more I realized that we have so much in common we are dedicated to helping people and when there is not a answer we  will do whatever it takes to find one which is what she has done for Plus-Sized Brides!

 

1.Who is Shafonne Myers?
A wife to my wonderful husband Jimmy, a mother to my two kids, Saniya Alexis and Broady and a wonderful wedding, event and baby planner who is trying to make her mark in the world.
2.How did you get your start in wedding planning?
Well, I have always been a planner, I started in college as the person in charge of the group that did all the social events on campus. I then graduated with a Biology degree and went into teaching and then into medicine but always had my hand in event planning for doctors and co workers. My husband finally said it’s time you made money for yourself, so here I am.
3. How Long have you been in business?
7 years
4.Why Pretty Pear Bride?
The wedding industry is saturated with images of a certain body type but every bride doesn’t always fit that type so I have filled the void for those brides providing bridal inspiration to plus size brides. Being a plus size bride myself, I longed for the inspiration and visual imagery that represented me and my body type so Pretty Pear Bride is here to help fellow plus size brides gain the confidence and self-esteem to make their wedding day amazing.
5.You recently announced you also do baby planning sound very exciting
please tell us more?
A baby planner is someone similar to a wedding planner but for expectant parents. We are here to guide expectant mothers and parents through yet another chaotic and crazy time of their lives, pregnancy, child birth and the time after. We can do anything from helping with nursery design and baby registries to child proofing a home to providing referrals to high quality professionals. It can be as little or as much as you want. I have even had clients that wanted me to coordinate hair and make-up for after the delivery in preparation for guests at the hospital. We are there to help with whatever is needed of us.
6.What was your WORST and Funniest moment during one of your events?
Worst: having an officiant run late and just making it to the wedding with minutes to spare and of course as planners, we don’t let the couple know that anything is wrong.
Funny: Had a couple with a dog in the ceremony and he was coming down the aisle (outside wedding) and he decided to go relieve himself on the way down. Luckily most of the guests were dog lovers and knew this couple and the dog very well, so most people just laughed it off.
7. Who would be your dream client?
I would love to do an event for the First Couple, Michelle and Barrack or even the girls. It could be a birthday party or anything but to do an event for them would be great. And actually I would love for it to be a low key event because I would like to see them in a less formal setting.
8. What advice do you have for new planners?
Do tons of internships and mentorships, there is so much to learn from actually seeing people in action. Books and online education don’t compare to actually seeing things happen first hand.
9.Who and what inspires you?
My family!! I have an understanding husband, who allows me to do the things that I really want to do. Yes, he pulls me back sometimes, I can get a little crazy at times, but he is really supportive of what I want to do and achieve. And my kids are amazing. My son and daughter know that mommy has to work and even if I’m at my home office, they understand that even though I’m here I’m still working.
10. What do you want your wedding/event planning legacy to be when people
talk about you what do you want them to say and how do you plan to make it
happen?
I want them to say that Shafonne made a difference. She left her mark where people will remember her not for just what she did but how she treated people and how she was perceived by people. I am a firm believer of what comes around goes around, if you are mean and nasty to people, 9 times out of 10 it will come back to you. So I always strive to be nice to people and treat people the way I want to be treated and hope for the best.


Shafonne & Jimmy



If you would like more information about Shafonne or her companies pleases visit :
Making Your Event Special: makingyoureventspecial.com
Blog: www.divasandweddings.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/makingyoureventspecial
Twitter: www.twitter.com/divasandwedding

Pretty Pear Bride: prettypearbride.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/prettypearbride
Twitter: www.twitter.com/prettypearbride



No comments: