twitterpinterest

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Top 10 reason why I love being a Entrepreneur

Monogram and logo designed by : MM Ink Studio


Hello Butterflies this weekend I was sitting in my backyard enjoying a ice cold glass of Watermelon juice and enjoying the weather and out of the blue I thought to myself I LOVE owning my own business! Now don't get me wrong owning your own business is no walk in the park it takes long hours blood, sweat and tears but at that moment I felt very blessed and below I'm going to list my top 10 reasons why.....

Starting from number 10 these are the top reason I love being an entreprenur.

10. Promote my own business and talents: Being able to promote yourself and your talents is something that most companies don't allow their employees to do owning my own business allows me to share with the world what I know I can do and do it good! How many times have you wanted to say to your boss "I can do that and do it well!"  

9. Work with people I like: As a business owner I am able to choose who I work with instead of being stuck working next to someone who drives me completely bonkers trust me I've been there and done that and I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore.

8. Deadlines: I can set my own deadlines and work at a pace that is good for me yes sometimes we work under pressure but I do not miss the days of thinking my work was done only to be give 1500 claims to process right before it's time to go home and being told "we need these by the end of the day!" Nope don't miss those days at all!

7. Travel: I love being able to travel all over the country to plan weddings and events, speak as well as mentor and teach aspiring wedding and event planners.

6. Customer Service: I am big on customer service!! My team and I spoil our clients we respect and understand that they have chosen us to share in the most important days of their lives and it is important to me to know that I'm gving them 100% and I train my team to give our clients 100% at all times nothing says you have given your client great customer service more than when they look you directly in your eyes give you the biggest, tightest hug and say "you made our dreams come true we will never forget that!"   I love that more than anything!

5. Pay raise:  Show me the money yes I love what I do but I don't do it for free..... How many times have you really needed,wanted and deserved a pay raise but yet your boss won't give it to you?? Being your own boss allows you to make as little or as much money as you want but you have to be able and willing  to put 100% into it most self made millionaires work long hours, they educate themselves and learn the business they are willing to take risks and learn from their mistakes and are dedicated and passionate about what they are doing and when people see that and trust that the they are willing to pay you what you ask.. Are you ready for a pay raise if so what are you willing to do what are you willing to give up to get it?

4. Doing what I love: Yes I put in long hours work, myself into a frenzy  and sometimes after a wedding or an event my husband has to help me get out the car and I can't get up out of the bed beacause my legs hurt so bad!  I do it not because I have to I do it  because I'm doing what I love celebrating love, life and family...

3. Vacation: I can pick my vacation days and don't have to worry about someone with more senority getting them before me!! Wooohooo

2. Family: I can be there for my husband and children whenever they need me most! September 11, 2001 was a day that none of us will ever forget. You see I worked in a government building when the attacks first happend I remember a coworker jumping up and running to the bathroom to call her son and daughter inlaw in New York.

 Immediately after that our manager walked through our department and told us to keep working everything was ok but in my gut and heart I knew it wasn't ok and that was the 1st time I walked off a job,  all I knew in my heart was our country was being attacked and all I wanted was to have my baby that was at a daycare center on the other side of town safe in my arms.  I shut down my computer grabbed my purse and car keys and headed for the elevator and as I was leaving my manager said you are not released to leave I said "oh yeah watch me" and walked out (you see the second largest tenant in the World Trade center was our sister company).  

Shortly there after I made it home I called to check on my cousin who worked a couple of floors up by now it was mayhem people rushing not knowing what was really going on driving crazy and speeding,  I asked her where are you? she said "stuck in the parking garage and I can't get to my baby! The worry and desperation in her voice tore me up..... Then I said don't worry I already got her!" Saying to myself thank you Jesus the girls at that time went to the same day care center. 

You see my cousin was stuck in our company's parking garage for over an hour because once management realized the severity what was happening they released over 6,000 employees at one time!! Thank God I have always danced to the beat of my own drum and on that day I knew something was terribly wrong and I was not going to be stopped by the company I worked for when it came to my child.

 I trusted that God would take care of me and see me through I walked by faith and not by sight immediately following that experience I knew that I was going to one day own my own business no company should ever make a parent choose between the company and their child. The company I worked for back then tried to but I made my choice and never looked back.

1. God: I am thankful that I can say the word God I can pray with my clients, I can pray with my colleagues and won't get in trouble you see in my life It's God 1st, Family 2nd and career 3rd and when I work in that order all things are possible I can acheive all things through Christ who strenghtens me. 


From one entrepreneur to another please share why you love being an entrepreneur I would love to know!

No comments: