Whenever I get a notification that I have a new email from my website email I get excited at the thought that a Prospective client has contacted me to help plan an event for them besides from companies using that contact form to promote their business nothing aggravates me more than to get an email similar to the one that I received from Eng. William Steele and his Fiancee Susan Doddy on Monday July, 11, 2011 ( See complete email below).
You see I have been getting emails for this Phantom Bride Susan Doddy for years and it's always the same or quite similar details and it burns me up when one of my peers or former students contact me excited because they have been contacted by them with the belief that they have just landed a client and I have to be the bearer of bad news and tell them it's a SCAM!
- They do not send you any contact information.
- They have a credit card that you can prepay for everything and keep on file
- The use of poor English and grammar
- If you make any contact with them they are very persistent
- They can't meet with you until the day before the wedding or a few days before give or take
- They only communicate with you via email
- They live outside of the country and you can "Plan EVERYTHING about their wedding" (That has to be my favorite line I haven't met a couple yet to agree to that!)
Below is the actual email that I received :
One of my peers has actually communicated with these scammers and is willing to share her email correspondence with my readers if you would like to see the copies of these emails let me know and I will post them or send directly to you at a later date!
Most importantly do not respond to any of this crap!
Until next time beware of the Phantom Couple!